Family Support Coordinator
Tri-County Family Connection, Inc.
Cochran, GA, USA
TRI-COUNTY FAMILY CONNECTION, INC.
FAMILY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Full-time /Contracted position)
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 years
Job Location: Treutlen, Wheeler, and Montgomery Counties
ABOUT US: The Tri-County Family Connection, Inc. collaborative organization is committed to improving conditions for children and families in Treutlen, Wheeler, and Montgomery Counties. We envision a community where families will be educated, safe, healthy, self-sufficient, and contributing members. Some of our goals are to increase the number of students graduating from high school on time, reduce the teen pregnancy rate, decrease the absenteeism rate at schools and decrease the rate of substantiated incidents of child abuse and neglect. We convene partners from various community sectors dedicated to promoting children's and families well-being.
JOB SUMMARY: TCFC’s Family Support Services Program assists students by providing weekly life skills sessions in elementary and middle schools. Our Family Support Coordinator uses an approved curriculum, Botvin Life Skills, to educate our students in the following areas: character and leadership skills, enrichment sessions, goal setting, communicating effectively, dealing with frustration and how to control anger, creating a positive image, dealing with bullying and cyberbullying, and other lessons that will help strengthen students. The Family Support Coordinator will assist with all the programs and services outlined in our Annual Plan. This position requires consistency and commitment to accomplish the deliverables. There is an approved salary that is contracted for twelve months from July 1, 2023, until June 30, 2024.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Associate/Bachelor's Degree or Related Experience
• 1-2 years of experience working with students
• Must be able to work in the schools as well as in the community
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Must have dependable transportation and valid insurance
• Individual must be dependable and highly motivated to work with students
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
• Provides coordination and implementation of programs assigned by the Executive Director of TCFC.
• Provides mentorship to 5th thru 8th-grade students and students placed in Alternative School settings.
• Completes a monthly report on all services provided to TCFC’s Family Support Program.
• Assists with coordinating and implementing all programs and activities listed in TCFC’s Annual Plan as instructed by the Executive Director.
• Attends collaborative meetings, Cohort meetings, strategy team meetings, local and county meetings, GAFCP meetings and events, and those events sponsored by TCFC.
• Maintains the social media platforms of TCFC, keep the website updated, and other posted media.
• The Family Support Coordinator will work closely with the principals/director and school counselors of the middle and alternative schools.
• Performs group sessions with students on their caseload every week.
• Works directly with identified youth and their families in the community to promote, strengthen and develop their potential to complete high school.
• Supports youth's academic, social, and emotional needs through linkages to community resources.
• Assists families in obtaining services from other community agencies; identifies needs and coordinates assistance; networks with other agencies.
• Keeps written records and produces reports, as requested, by departmental policies and procedures.
• Document all home visits, group sessions, and one-to-one sessions with students on his caseload and submit documentation of visits to the Tri-County Family Connection Director by the end of each month.
• Assess and promote positive youth development.
• Attends committee meetings for the collaborative and assists with events and activities hosted by the TCFC collaborative.
• Remains abreast and informed of current thinking about professional conduct and practice of youth development.
• Attends collaborative meetings and makes a presentation or provides a written report to the TCFC collaborative regarding the Family Support Program.
• Attends trainings, meetings, and conferences as required.
• Maintain confidentiality of client and student information.
• Abides by all policies and procedures set forth by Tri-County Family Connection.
• Maintains personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
• The Family Support Coordinator will not be expected to make any decisions affecting the liberty of students or families.
• Assists with the After School Tutoring Program and help with the Summer Enrichment Camp.
Please send a cover letter, resume`, and include three references with contact information no later than August 21, 2023.
Interviews will be conducted between August 23 – 28, 2023.
Once approved by the Board, Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2023
HOW TO APPLY:
Via - MAIL:
Tri-County Family Connection, Inc.
RE: FSC Job Opening
P. O. Box 788
Mount Vernon, GA 30445