HEART OF GEORGIA ALTAMAHA
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AREA
The Johnson County Board of Commissioners
Wrightsville, GA, USA
The Johnson County Board of Commissioners has an immediate opening for the position of Assistant Financial Officer/Senior Accounting Technician. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Johnson County Board of Commissioners Office, including performing bookkeeping, clerical, and computer-related duties for county departments. This position reports to the County Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Processes accounts payable by coding receipts, entering deposits, and preparing wire transfers for all county accounts; monitors accounts payable to budget expenditures
• Prepares all checks for all county accounts
• Compiles budget information
• Assists County Administrator as needed with preparation of the annual County budget
• Coordinates routine maintenance activities for county buildings
• Assists with the preparation and processing of county payroll, reviewing employee time records for accuracy, entering data into computer, producing and distributing payroll checks, calculating payroll taxes, and maintaining Johnson County’s payroll account
• Manages the general ledger; prepares and post entries to the General Ledger
• Prepares monthly and annual financial statements
• Issues purchase orders
• Orders office supplies for all county departments
• Matches purchase orders with invoices, codes invoices, enters data into computer, prepares and verifies accounts payable batch edit lists, prepares and submits checks to vendors, files paid invoices
• Prepares Form W2 for all employees
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports as required by state and federal authorities
• Coordinates all travel for County employees and Commissioners
• Assists with the administration of employee benefits, including maintaining records of insurance claims and assisting employees with insurance-related questions
• Serves as secretary to the Board of Commissioners in the County Administrator’s absence
• Assists County Administrator with various clerical and accounting tasks as requested
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED; previous secretarial and/or bookkeeping experience preferred; previous experience with performing payroll activities a plus; basic computer and word processing skills required, including experience with Microsoft Excel; must demonstrate knowledge of modern office practices; must demonstrate ability to maintain all files; must have ability to use and understand all office equipment; must have good communication skills, both oral and written; must possess good interpersonal skills; or any combination of education, training, or experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Interested applicants should submit a completed county employment application along with resume/cover letter to William F. Lindsey, Johnson County Administrator, P.O. Box 269, Wrightsville, GA 31096, by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 14, 2022. Applications are available at the Johnson County Board of Commissioners Office, located at 2484 West Elm Street, Wrightsville, GA, and online at www.johnsonco.org. Salary for this position will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Position will remain open until filled. Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A criminal history verification and substance abuse testing is required prior to employment.