City of Vidalia
Vidalia, GA, USA
management of all City funds. This individual is responsible for, including but not
limited to, the following: comprehensive annual financial report; revenue collections
and billings for the general fund, sanitation, water, and hotel/motel taxes; accounts
payable; payroll; issuance of business and alcohol licenses; determining tax millage
rate based on tax digest and revenue requirements; and property tax billing and collections.
Processes accounts payable and purchase orders. Supervises the work of employees
engaged in receiving, disbursing, and accounting for municipal funds. Keeps the City
Manager advised of financial conditions of the City, submits monthly statements of
receipts, disbursements, and City’s financial standing to the City Manager. Assists the
City Manager in preparing and submitting a proposed budget to the City Council.
Maintains and reconciles city bank accounts. Bills, collects and distributes property
taxes for the City School System. Assists other department heads in budget preparations
and assists with general budgeting concerns. Assists auditors with annual audit.
Assists administrators and contractors during the City’s grant related projects. Attends
regular and called council meetings, council workshops and committee meetings.
Answers telephones and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a
baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
(Public Administration, Finance, and Business Administration) with a Master’s Degree
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work and to be able to answer
questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three to five years of
progressively responsible financial management experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of
Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Certified Local Government Finance Officer Level 1 and 2 (Preferred) or willing to
• Have an oral interview with the hiring authority or his representative(s) to determine
such things as applicant’s appearance, background, and ability to communicate.
• Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applications,
resumes, and references are due Friday, July 14, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
• The salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• The final candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and a
pre-employment drug test.
The full version of the position announcement can be viewed under the “How Do I”
section of the city’s website (www.vidaliaga.gov) and by clicking on Job Opportunities.
The position announcement can also be viewed on (www.glga.org). Applications can
be obtained through the City of Vidalia’s website at www.vidaliaga.gov. Please mail
your application and resume along with five (5) professional references to the attention
of Marsha Stone, HR Director, City of Vidalia, at 302 East First Street, Suite C,
Vidalia, Georgia, 30474. Applications may also be obtained in person at the City of
Vidalia Administrative Office at the aforementioned address.
The City of Vidalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.